Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken Tacos

I first made this in our hotel while waiting on a house in Georgia, and we loved them.  Side note- I would highly encourage you to keep your crock pot with you when moving.  It made our ten day hotel stay much better!  My sister found this recipe somewhere, and all of our family enjoys it.  Plus it is simple, easy, and delicious.  What more could you want?

1 taco seasoning packet
3 frozen chicken breasts (I used 2 and some tenders)
1 can of Rotel
1/8 c. Olive Oil
1/8 c. Water

Cover the bottom of the crockpot with the taco seasoning. Lay frozen chicken on top. Pour Rotel over chicken. Pour Oil and Water over everything. Cook on Low for 4-6 hours. If home, turn meat half way, but not necessary. Shred chicken with a fork and stir into juices. Let cook/simmer for 30 minutes more (I didn't have time for this part and was still great).

Serve on tortillas with a shredded cheese, and desired toppings.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious! I need to try these! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete