Monday, August 13, 2012

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

These cookies may seem like they have a lot going on, but we really love them.  Not to mention I tell myself they are healthy since they have oatmeal in them, that is how it works, right?!  I always keep a few rolls frozen in the freezer for friends game nights, and when we just want cookies.  The recipe is from Money Saving Mom and I really didn't change much. 

Freezer-Friendly Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

  • 1 cup butter (softened)
  • 1/3 cup peanut butter
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups wheat flour (I'm sure you can also use white flour or half whole-wheat/half white, but they're delicious with wheat flour)
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups oats (rolled or quick oats)
  • 1 12-oz. package chocolate chips (this was in original recipe, but I always use less)
Cream together first six ingredients. Add flour, baking soda, salt, and oats. Mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Roll into 1-1 1/2-inch balls.  Place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes or until done. Makes approximately 40 cookies.

I generally only make one pan at a time because we will eat however many I make.  Then I spread out saran wrap and put a log shape of cookie dough on it, roll it up tightly, and freeze.  I think last time I made 1 pan, and then ended up with 3 "cookie dough logs" in my freezer for the future!  When you make them at a later time, just pull out your log, and either slice frozen or let it come to room temp, and then make your cookies like normal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment